We have seen the increasing interest in herbs, edible weeds and herbal teas. I believe the next wave of interest will be around Adaptogens, plants that are believed to reduce stress.
The key plants to look out for are:
- Rhodiola rosea. ..a perennial from the Arctic
- Widania somnifera… a member of Solanaceae that also goes under the name of Rennet, Poison Gooseberry Winter Cherry, Indian Ginseng and Ashwagandha
- Ziziphus jujube… the Red Date, Korean date or Indian date
- Ocimum tenuiflorum…Tulsi or Thai Holy Basil is common plant in Indian gardens
- Lepidium meyenii… Maca only grows at high altitude and is common in the high Andes